Combined with some eBay purchases, here are the sides as they stand now (click pics to enlarge):
There is some clean up to be done - some touch ups, conversions, and repairs - but they are already a game-able group.
In fact, I couldn't wait to play:
I chose scenario 2 from One Hour Wargames, because it's straightforward. Rules were Neil Thomas's medieval rules from the same book.
The grid is not in play, but I did use the 6 inch squares to aid measuring. The astute among you will notice I've set up the Saracen line too wide. I corrected that error after the picture was taken.
- Euro-knights: 4 units of knights, 1 unit of men-at-arms and 1 unit of archers.
- Saracens: 3 units of knights, 2 units of men-at-arms and 1 unit of levies.
I chose 4" square sabots and jammed them as full as possible. The visual effect was satisfying and lived up to the idea of the "shock" period (to borrow from Morschauser).
Stay tuned for the first clash of my new armies and some thoughts about the rules.