Monday, June 7, 2021

15mm Sci-Fi Sideshow

Well, I never got Burning Mountains on the table. Starting a business, even a small side-gig like teaching guitar lessons takes a lot of time. And my band started rehearsing again after a year away - so it's been like starting over.

That said, I really wanted to play a game but I didn't want to do any setting up.

I've been contemplating letting go a lot of my smaller scale figures as I rarely if ever use them, but I like my 15mm sci-fi collection of figures too much to let it go. I had to get them out to justify holding on to them.

So here is a very hastily setup game set up on a piece and half of craft foam:

 

Scenario is based on the one I always use from MG-42. The dice are a wall, not dice.

 
Control *boo hiss*

Our heroes. Cigar chomping bi-pedal bears and Goldilocks.

Gratuitous close up #1

Gratuitous close up #2

Rules used were One Brain Cell Toy Soldiers

I played several times in the span of maybe 30 minutes - our heroes managed a victory only once, ending in a rooftop duel between Goldilocks and the Control NCO. Cinematic, quick and simple and scratched the itch.

Miniatures are all from Khurasan, painted and purchased probably seven or eight years ago.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed - they are safely in their storage container as I figure out what to do about some of their less enamoring compatriots.

      Delete
  2. Great figures, well worth holding onto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khurasan is my favorite 15mm manufacturer by far.

      Delete
  3. Very nice post, I especially like Goldie and the bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! Me too! I have one more bear but he was out buying more cigars.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back. I always like the way you improvise you games and make them look so good. You need to write a piece on terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! My terrain is so basic that I don't think there's much I could say that hasn't been said by someone else or stolen from them! :D

      Delete