Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Insert Witty Title Here

I have not been able to concentrate much on anything lately. 

Peppermint, who has diabetes (which is what led to his cataracts) was diagnosed with kidney disease a few weeks ago. Oh and they found he has hypothyroidism (getting him to take his pill is an event worthy of pay-per-view. And he usually wins and I find it on the floor sometime later).

Today, they found a clot in his aorta - he'll be at the hospital overnight at least, as he hasn't been eating and his blood sugar levels are insane. It's a juggling act of treatments and problems and, if he refuses to eat even with medication, then it will greatly limit our options to manage his diseases. Painful as it is, we have to prepare for the possibility that we may need to consider hospice-type care (honestly, I think I am sharing this to help prepare myself as much as it is to let his fans know of his current state).  

For those of the praying sort, please feel free to say one for him or to send him a mental pet.

I took this a few days ago. The difference between then and today is like day and night.


To distract myself, I picked up a paint brush. At least it guarantees quieting my mind for awhile. 

The result is that I finished painting the four Reaper Dark Heaven lizard warrior archers I had started earlier this year.

On their own, not terribly impressive, but ...

with the others, they do create a nice horde.

These figures will allow me to field a unit of Dark Heaven archers on foot, rather than on the howdah. A few painted Wargames Atlantic lizards will crew the howdah eventually.

16 comments:

  1. We are facing similar dog-aging issues so you have my understanding and sympathy. Nice looking lizards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan, I am very sorry to hear about your dog. You have my sympathy as well.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dog's medical issues , best wishes , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope it turns out OK,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear about Peppermint's condition John. Take care and we'll hope and pray for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, I know exactly what you are going through, had to go through it on two occasions, the last one had kidney failure too. Stay strong, if only for the others.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Peppermint. This is never easy and always heartbreaking. He is lucky to have loving people to simply be with him and offer him comfort and love. I'll be thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our beloved family companion (much more than a "dog") was diagnosed with canine kidney failure, which eventually led to the end. For what it's worth, I understand what it is that you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ed. Indeed, they are truly members of our families.

      Delete
  8. So sorry to read of this. My best wishes for Peppermint and you.

    ReplyDelete