Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Painting Table Update

While gaming and game related activity took precedence this weekend, I also finished a few figures.

First up, I've finished the firing poses for the Bersaglieri and am now moving onto the advancing troops. These three together will form a bombing squad in Trench Hammer.


 Next up, the last of Reaper Bones lizard warriors for the games to be set on Venus. I could have sworn I had three archers as well, but that seems to not be the case.  I have only six total which is not enough for a unit - but they can function as dino handlers, howdah crew, etc. in the meantime.

And here's the current state of the paint table.


The elephant is not in the queue yet - I just have to find someplace to put it while it waits. The HaT Carthaginians will serve as some kind of Venusian - these two are for testing some painting ideas I have. Also pictured, Armies in Plastic French Foreign Legion and Austrians. 

Hoping to get a chance to work on the French soon as they finish up quickly once the white is painted in.

9 comments:

  1. You can tell the FFL bloke at the back "never stand behind the elephant."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I burst into fits of laughter upon reading that. The kind that merit those around me to ask "are you OK?"

      Delete
  2. Yes, more Bersaglieri! They look great and I can't wait to see them on your table John! The lizard warriors look excellent too! I'm really looking forward to your Venus games, way cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to paint up some more trench tiles and then I hope to put the Bersaglieri on the table for some Trench Hammer. I'm also looking forward to the Venus games! It's rather freeing not having any historical concerns.

      Delete
  3. Great looking Italians and lizard men with lots of interesting things on the painting table. I look forward to seeing the first Venusian battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now that I have 6 lizard men, I may try a very small skirmish with my three completed Foreign Legion using Two-Page Skirmish (http://web.archive.org/web/20151002091825/http://home.comcast.net/~tsrstevew/TwoPage/twopage.htm) I have long liked the looks of those rules.

      Delete
  4. I like the Lizardmen John - VSF has lots of possibilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does indeed. It's quite freeing to let go of historical considerations and just make use of whatever comes to mind. VSF was the first period I ever gamed in where I made a point to build forces with more than 10 figures per side. Back then though it was 15mm, because I had gotten the notion in my head from TMP and some blogs, that 54mm wasn't proper wargaming and was only good for a few figures on the table.

      Delete
  5. Great stuff, John! I think the Bersaglieri are especialy perfect - you may make it as a Master Toy Soldier Painter yet!
    :)

    ReplyDelete