Monday, June 20, 2022

Red Red Pants

The first recruits of the second unit of French Foreign Legion have answered the call. 

Clad in stylish and distinctive red trousers, they'll initially operate as the Gatling gun crew. Once their numbers are sufficient, I'll have to consider just which figures should act as crew for them.



Figures are Armies in Plastic. The red is from a pot of P3 Khador Red Base that I've had now for 15 years. It is just as good as the day I bought it. None of the Citadel / GW paints acquired around the same time lasted even half as long before drying out. I suspect it has to do with the paint pot itself.

In any case, I digress.

It occurred to me that until my forces are closer to completed, I can field some grid-based games using my Venusian forces and 3-figure units. I don't know *when* this will happen, but hopefully before the end of June. 

In the meantime, painting has begun on my WWI Italian cavalry and I have three lizard warriors primed and waiting.

8 comments:

  1. Very stylish looking figures. I do like to toy soldier look you have given them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the Classic look! First soldiers I painted were Airfix Foreign Legion. I added red trousers using a 'borrowed' bottle of nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same with some "army men" and my mother's nail polish. If I recall, it stuck to the figures quite well,no priming or washing required!

      Delete
  3. That is a most excellent red John, it really stands out and looks great! It's sure to strike fear into the hearts of the lizard warriors! I'm looking forward to seeing WWI Italian cavalry completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! We'll see how the lizards feel about the bold color choice. Who knows, perhaps red angers them?

      Delete