Saturday, May 20, 2023

Shiny Happy People

Well, I don't know about "happy" but definitely shiny. 

The first three Res Publican soldiers have been completed - the painting has been done for a week or so, but I finally got around to sealing and glossing them.


I wanted a look that would be at home in the jungles of Venus but not out of place on an arid plain either. I think this works.

And maybe it's just me, but I get strong Mesoamerican vibes from this color scheme.

Just another 17 hastati and 10 triari to go!

I've been keeping an eye on eBay and boxes of cavarly for them as well, but that's a problem for future me.

4 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme John, and the gloss finish as well! They can work in many different scenarios, or worlds for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brad! I'm looking forward to being able to field them against the Tanitians in a very colorful battle!

      Delete
  2. it shows how many ways toy soldiers can be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels to me like an early sci-fi / fantasy approach to making alien cultures, by appropriating from the ancient world.

      Delete