Saturday, May 13, 2023

Training Camp Opens!

 The first of the Reikland Reavers have arrived at training camp for the coming season of Blitz Bowl!



Total paint time wasn't very long, but other things conspired to make it take two weeks to complete them.

I followed a YouTube tutorial, albeit with considerably less skill (and one paint I don't have). None the less, I am satisfied with the results, despite it being distinctly not-toy-soldier style. Though, I'd hardly call it realistic either. 

Numbers would be nice, but the box set doesn't include a decal sheet(though if you buy individual Blood Bowl team boxes to expand, they do) and I am not going to attempt hand painting them.

I see lots of things in closeup that bother me, but at gaming distance, they look good and it's easy to tell which positions they are. 

I have three more to assemble and paint, then onto the Skaven. I have a Nurgle Blood Bowl box as well (so I can field two teams of Nurgle if I feel so compelled), but I need paints for them that I don't have and money is tight to be buying Citadel paints right now (to put this in perspective, I spent more on paints for the Reavers and Skaven, than I did on the Blitz Bowl box).

As a reminder, for those unfamiliar with Blitz Bowl, it's the lower figure count / smaller pitch size / lighter ruleset version of Blood Bowl - just six figures per team and games play in 1-2 hours. 

Hoping to complete the Reavers over the next week or so.

4 comments:

  1. I may not know what this is but the figures are neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely fun figures. And, thankfully, I only need to paint 12 total to play the game! (Not used to painting 28mm figures!)

      Delete
  2. Great change of pace John! This is a real departure from 54mm soldiers, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a departure from my usual. On the one hand I like the challenge, on the other, I'm glad it's only 12 figures to be able to play the game!

      Delete