Friday, July 21, 2023

Skaven Take the Field!

Despite thinking otherwise, I managed to finish my Skaven Blitz Bowl team before I left on vacation (which I'm currently still on - but we're just hanging around the hotel today)

I'm pleased with the results. 

I'm even more pleased that it means we can start playing when we get back. The game includes a set of drills to teach the basics, so that's where we'll start.


Here's a brighter picture with a less busy background:


I have a Nurgle team to paint as well, but I need to pick up some paints first.

In other news, we have been playing D&D in our hotel in the evenings and it's been a great time. He is very into it, which is more than I can say for most of the things we've done on the trip outside of D&D. 

It's an old school game of dungeon exploration and liberating treasure from a dangerous locale. We're using Moldvay/Cook Basic/Expert D&D as the base, along with some Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition Companion and some things I've found from other publishers (like a b/x artificer class). It's designed to be a drop-in/drop-out campaign, so other members of our regular gaming group can join from time to time if they would like, but also so my son and I can just pull out the maps, character sheets, and my notes and start playing whenever we want, even if no one else is available.

We'll be home Saturday, so I'll see if it works as planned once we've been back a bit and it's not one of the only options available. So far though it's been great just getting to play and see him so excited. 

4 comments:

  1. The Skaven look good and nicely based too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Skaven look great John! Glad to hear that you are having a good vacation and enjoying special time with family!

    ReplyDelete