Monday, November 20, 2017

A Noticeable Improvement

Thanks to those who commented on my last post.

Today at lunch I took the opportunity to cover the straps in white and eliminate the black lining attempt. Here are two of our stalwart soldiers (the other two are not presentable - I slop the white on and then cut in with the tunic color).

Aside from how visible the horrible job i did trying to clean the flash off these figures (i would have been better off leaving it), is in these pictures,  i think the straps and bags look immeasurably better than in the previous post and much closer to what i had in mind.





It took the entirety of my lunch to get them to this state, so I will probably finish tomorrow out with the other two. With some time during the upcoming long Thanksgiving weekend (I'm in the US) and a few lunch hours, I hope to get this unit of 10 figures completed before December arrives.

Oh and I forgot to mention before, but these are Armies in Plastic - but you probably already knew that!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I like 'em better! Luckily its not a race to get them painted so you can enjoy the process before enjoying them in action.

    Gloss varnish? or Satin? or even Matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about not being a race. I have a colonial VSF collection in 15mm that I can scratch this particular genre itch with in the meantime. And, I've certainly taken longer to get troops painted and on the table (i mean not 19 years or anything :) ).

      I will be going with gloss - part of my quest for a more toy soldier appearance.

      Thanks!

      -John

      Delete