Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Work in Progress Update to Keep Me Motivated and Some Other Bits and Bobs

Part two of my weekend skirmish game is delayed to share a work in progress shot of my latest batch of Russians. They are slowly inching their way towards completion - although enough remains that I can't predict when they'll be finished. My hope is that they will be done by month's end.

So close, but yet so far.
 
I am eager to move on to my WWI project, so once these are done, despite my current listening to Peter Hopkirk's The Great Game, I will clear the decks for the first handful of Austrian figures. And probably field this unit in a game for giggles.
 
Speaking of WWI, for my birthday, I received this wonderful volume as a gift: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Uniforms of World War I.

I'm not sure what kind of caption this needs.

I also received a few Playmobil gladiators which I had been coveting. The dueling posts on Poundstore Plastic Warriors inspired me. My son has already laid claim to the lion for our non-wargame play.

The lion will not be harmed in any game I play.

4 comments:

  1. A very useful book - I was looking at my copy only yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I've only had a little time to go through it, but I like what I see!

      Delete
  2. Figures coming along very nicely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do hope to have them on the table for a game in March.

      Delete