Thursday, February 8, 2024

Blood Raven Intercessors Done!

Coming from the polar opposite end of the frustration axis of the Necrons, at least in terms of construction, the Blood Raven Assault Intercessors are finished!


Below one of the grunts shows off the Chapter Symbol:


The Blood Raven heraldry is not available from Games Workshop, but there are plenty of enterprising people no Etsy who are more than happy to fulfill your need for decals.

I really like the poses on these figures and am too tempted to pick up some sprues or even a complete box to extend the force. BUT the goal was a single squad - with additional support from some Ultramarine Infernus my son received afew months ago for his birthday (and which, apparently, I'm now going to end up painting as his interest isn't even quite enough to be called minimal) - and so I'll stick with that. 

For now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow John! I thought your first Blood raven group looked good, but these are really awesome! The symbol really is excellent and it's the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! I admit I was skeptical about the value of putting on the symbol, but it definitely was worth it. I also was surprised by how durable the decals are - my last experience with decals was probably 40 years ago and I remember them tearing very easily. These are quite resistant to tearing.

      Delete