Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Novokh Dynasty Necrons

 The first batch of Necrons is done! The color scheme is Novokh Dynasty - whatever that means. To me it means I can use the same reds as my Blood Ravens and get more use out of those expensive paints.

I had trouble getting an in-focus picture where the scarabs were equally in view. I blame the fact that I really need to get new glasses. I can't remember how long it's been.

Speaking of focus, I've been more focused on my guitar teaching in an effort to ramp up operations so to speak, so painting, and gaming generally, has moved into a more casual, less obsessed?, mode. It has had the odd effect of making painting a relaxing activity rather than something I'm doing solely to get a game on the table.

Between playing games while not taking pictures and painting to relax, it all feels very "retro"!

 

6 comments:

  1. They all look great John, a very cohesive team thanks to the red paint! It's nice to relax every once in a while, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great to me as well, esp the silver suits (armour?).

    As for the green and black equipment (weapons? tools?), looks just like a chainsaw and a few other tools that I've bought over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ross!

      In the grimdark future, the weapons are made by Ryobi.

      The silver is a GW dry brush paint called Necron Compound. It's definitely a different result than my regular silver paint. I intend to use it for knights and such, too.

      Delete
    2. I am with Ross. Weapons look like chainsaws to me too. Excellent brushwork.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Jonathan!

      Delete