Saturday, September 12, 2020

eBay Score

Apparently, I have had an eBay account for 21 years (my account is old enough to buy liquor in the US, but not rent a car). As a reward for my signing up and taking a chance on the plucky fledgling internet auction site (when deals were plentiful but also more scams), I was given a $25 gift coupon.

To my surprise, there was no catch, other than figuring out which of the 200 items in my watch list I should apply it to!

As it turns out, I messed up the first order and the coupon wasn't applied. Oops guess I better find something else to order too! (I swear it was an honest mistake.)

For a great price, I found Henry Hyde's The Wargaming Compendium..

I already had the e-version - having picked it up when it was on sale for Kindle for around $3 USD. I enjoy Mr. Hyde's writing style - it reminds me of the classic wargaming books that I find so appealing. However, it is *far*too massive to read on a phone for my tastes.

Glad to have this in my collection (even as I'm thinning out my stuff before I move, I'm adding things that I know I will use for a long time) and looking forward to pouring over it on and off this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on reading this on my phone!

    ReplyDelete