Monday, September 14, 2020

More Ebay Acquisitions

As mentioned, I've been turning attention to the colonial forces and I have been contemplating the use of smaller missions of adventure and daring in between more typical battles (inspired by G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T.'s lightheartedness and Space: 1889, as well as the fiction of the period). Certainly some of the military figures will be useful, but civilians are also needed (I posed a question about this over at Little Wars Revisited and got several good suggestions.)

One thing I came upon in my research was the Britain's Petticoats series of figures covering 19th century women's fashion. 

The one that most met my conception of a female adventuring sort is "Sarah" (the figures in this series are named as a means of identification).  She is a bit dainty in proportion to the AiP figures. Her stature is a bit under average as well, but placing her on a base relieves the visual disparity.

Here she is pictured with a fine bloke from the khaki unit that is currently mustering:

Don't be fooled by her choice of weapons. The umbrella is more than you think it is.

She may not look of even average height here, but that's an optical illusion. Swapping the figure positions she's clearly much closer in height:

Defending Queen and Country with a spoon full of sugar.

I think she fits rather well. Now whether I keep her given name of "Sarah" or not, remains to be seen. She may be a "Lady" something or other or perhaps she bears the last name of Poppins and all that implies.

In addition, I picked up to what amounts to a job lot of Britain's Big Red 1 figures. I have these three already (I think I have the entire series - although at least one needs significant weapon repair). These are in solid condition, and just need some touch ups here and there.

  

I really didn't *need* them, but at $4 USD-ish per figure I wasn't passing them up. I have moved the existing collection to be used for 1:1 games against my Britain/Conte SS figures, but I have enough that I could use them for G Company with maybe one painted TSSD figure in support.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely figures which will enhance your gaming I am sure.

    ReplyDelete