Thursday, November 18, 2021

Work in Progress: The Big Bloody Meatball

This is a work in progress, so please excuse the obvious areas needing touch up. 

Association with the Yellow King is common for Venusian elephants who have studied the collected ancient wisdom found in the depths of overgrown ruined cities deep in the jungles. As witnesses to that which no mortal creature should ever know, the corruption of their form is inevitable.

From the side he looks like a bloody meatball. Trust me on that one. For now the backstory is their cloaks are freshly acquired dinosaur skin, but I may make it a solid and brighter red for more of a cloth cloak (and toy soldier) look. The HaT elephant is kind of short  and stubby looking so it's not exactly imposing.

In general, its appearance cracks me up - like something from an early 80s science and sorcery cartoon. That said, I love it.

Clearly some touch ups needed as mentioned. And basing (well, painting the base).  And sealing. 

And i might add some things to dangle from the horns(the ones above the regular eyes are horns, the lower ones are tusks) - a unicorn skull, cyclops head, that sort of thing.

There will only be the one elephant cultist associated with the Tanitians. Again due to the  "beasts count as two units" thing in Fistful of Lead Bigger Battles. If I come upon another HaT elephant at a price I can't pass up, then I may reconsider the army composition.

8 comments:

  1. It is simply awesome John! You did a heck of a good job on this sci-fi beast! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! Hopefully he is as beastly on the table as he is in my imagination!

      Delete
  2. It’s hideous - but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing him stomp his way across the battlefield…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm not convinced that he should count as two units as the rules suggest - hopefully he proves my doubts unfounded.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Maudlin Jack! I am already thinking he may serve double duty in a 1/32 The Quests of Brin the Barbarian.

      Delete