Wednesday, January 26, 2022

More in the Queue

My current painting progress is nil, but my plan is to intentionally build a backlog of prepped and primed figures so when I start painting, I can just ride the wave.

Among the figures I'm adding to the queue are three chibi Space Nuns acquired on eBay.

They are 54mm resin prints. My first such figures.

The one on the left lost her little hair thingy (like the one on the right has) to my general clumsiness. I may make a new one for her if I can find some of this mysterious "thick plastic card" that I read mention of so often, or I may file down the remnant nub. I figure they'll probably end up on a planet with lizard folk and dinosaurs at some point.

Below is a simple head swap with an Armies in Plastic officer figure. None of the officers with the stahlhelm sets come with a helmet themselves and that just won't do.


 

The swap was simple enough - if not a perfect fit it's close enough. I don't do customizations very often so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

I hope to get some primer on these (after a little more clean up) in the next few days. I should have enough figures on hand to get started painting. As I have noted before, working on three figures at a time  makes painting a lot more palatable for me. 

 (Pun intended. I'll show myself out :D )

6 comments:

  1. The sci-fi figures are very interesting John, and quite unique for 54mm! I like them a lot! Your conversion is great, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brad! As for the Space Nuns, I had been looking for something for fantasy gaming in 54mm when I stumbled on these and decided I'd find a way to make them work with whatever I game.

      Delete
  2. The first pic is, as Brad says, quite different for 54mm, though they might compliment those Russia 54mm SciFi figures (can't remember the manufacturer off hand). They look like they'll be fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to painting them, although I doubt I will do them justice. There is a lot more detail than my average Airfix or Armies in Plastic figures have. The variety of figures in 3d print resin is really intriguing - lot's of unusual fantasy creatures in particular. I am hoping though to eventually pick up some of the Tehnolog space orcs/space golbins as I think they'd be a suitable opponents for the Nuns.

      Delete
    2. Tehnolog! That's the name. Their SciFi figures look fun. I have a few of their Fantasy figures and they're nicely made and probably easy to convert if you have the time/skill (I don't!)

      Delete
    3. My son has some of the Terminators-Wearing-Darth Vaders's Helmet figures. They are great. Nicely made as you noted and relatively inexpensive at less than $2 USD a figure. Now if only he didn't still like playing with them, they'd find their way into my plastic pile!

      Delete