Monday, August 1, 2022

Tanitian Light Infantry

It took a bit, but the first batch of Tantitian (aka Carthaginian, and in this case, their Spanish allies) have been completed. The intent was Greek black-figure pottery and I think it works pretty well. I almost prefer it to the orange (red-figure) unit I painted.


The next batch is already underway, including a figure to act as a leader for the unit - a Classic Toy Soldiers figure that, even kneeling is almost as tall as these figures from HaT. Indeed, I'm not sure how these figures are so much slighter than the Carthaginian figures. 

Were the Spanish notably shorter in real life?

In any case, three figures works as a unit for The Portable Wargame : Ancients rules, so I hope to get these on the table soon.

4 comments:

  1. They are awesome John! I think that they really complement the orange unit very well! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! Once I have the unit painted, I'll do a proper group photo of the two units together.

      Delete