Sunday, June 18, 2023

Somewhere in France, 1940

 My Father's Day gift of five Italian minifigures arrived in time for me to stage a little skirmish in the first hour of the day.

The Italians had installed a howitzer on a hill close to the front lines in anticipation of a coordinated bombardment of the French reserves.  A French recon patrol spotted the position and two squads of a nearby platoon were dispatched to neutralize the enemy.

Defenders of the gun of dubious origin.

Not a fan of the grey helmet for the NCO, but it beats wearing a field cap on the lines with bullets whizzing around - even if he is in the relative guarded safety of a ruined French farmhouse.

French squads move up on the left and right - one for the gun, one for the farmhouse.

The squad creeps up to the edge of the woods undetected. They fire and immediately kill one of the guards outside the house!

After intense fighting squad on the left captured the gun, but lost their NCO and another rifelman in the process.

On the right the house was secured, but another dead NCO, and two riflemen were added to the toll. Perhaps some good came of it, as Italian maps indicating other artillery positions were recovered.


Rules used were One Brain Cell Toy Soldier Rules with the Overwatch and Wounds options. 

Playing time was maybe 30 minutes? I don't know, I was having too much fun to keep track!

Happy Father's Day!

10 comments:

  1. A very Happy Father's Day to you too John! You chose the perfect way to start off the day, playing with toy soldiers!! I am really impressed with these figures, those Adrian helmets are spot on! And thanks for adding to my enjoyment on a special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brad! I hope you had a good Father's Day!

      Delete
  2. John. Lovely post!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those rules. So quick, easy and off course free!
    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roger! I've been playing these rules a lot lately - and using your suggestion to increase to a longer range for the SMGs. I hope you had a good Father's Day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was! I can't wait to get them on the table again. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant!
    Did you every see this fellows blog (http://madonplaymobil.blogspot.com/)? Dioramas rather than games but superbly done and lots of fun!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. That site looks amazing. I love PlayMobil figures as well - along with my son's minifigures, I have my eyes on his PlayMobil! I have two gladiators of my own - I think they re the perfect scale for a detailed 1:1 combat system.

      Delete