Sunday, July 28, 2019

Small Unit Actions During the German Campaign in Russia

This recently arrived in my mailbox and it has been worth far more than the modest purchase price already.

Small Unit Actions During the German Campaign in Russia, Department of the Army, July 1953

Now, I'll be the first to note that you can find this publication free of charge online- legally from https://history.army.mil/catalog/pubs/22/22-2.html (thanks to Chris for the link!)- but I wanted a print copy. I tend to hate reading long form things, like books, on a screen after working on a screen all day.

The fold-out maps are great:


And there are many included in the pages of the book itself:


They're all just begging to be used for scenarios or campaigns (and the text gives all of the details you could want).

[At that point, I'll probably print them from one of the online versions. ]

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! To my embarrassment, I had forgotten about the U.S. Army's Center for Military History. They offer scads of titles, all of which are available free!

    The link: [ https://history.army.mil/catalog/pubs/22/22-2.html ]

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that link Chris! I'm going to add it to my post.

      I had come across this particular document on a few other sites, but wasn't sure how legal they were, this one clearly is. I do have to keep myself from shopping on it though -lot's of interesting looking titles there.

      Thanks again!

      Delete