Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Plague Marines Finished!

Well, "finished" as in the seven I have.

I admit, if I were going to play Grimdark Future (as opposed to Firefight) or play 40K (not happening), I'd build up a full Death Guard force. The aesthetic is great, and best of all, they are easy to paint. 

As it is, I feel like this group could use a few more heavy weapons. Maybe support from a unit of Plaguewalkers ...

But I'll stop here for now!

The fellow in the front row, far right, was the final figure to be painted.

I used Tesseract Glow on the bases (the green bits). I was hoping for something like toxic waste  seeping up through, or spilled on, the ground. 

Not quite the end result I imagined but it's good enough to call done.

Also finished, but not pictured, was Reaper Bones orc that I started late 2023.

The last two of the five Blood Raven intercessors are on the paint table - the red base coat and highlight is done. My goal is to start assembling the Necrons this weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I have no idea what these are or how they fight but they certainly look menacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about them according to Games Workshop lore. I confess I just like their looks - like rooting for a football team because of their uniform colors. I hear the Plague Marines are very slow moving. Which I guess, given that some of the have giant toothy mouths where their abdomens should be, really isn't a surprise.

      Delete
  2. The plague marines are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a gruesome bunch John, with something of a steam-punk vibe! Beautifully painted though, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That was my reaction to the models as well!

      Delete