Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Rebasing Project

On Christmas Eve, I received an order of 3" x 3" Wargame Accessories bases from The Last Square. Although I've heard of The Last Square before, this was my first time ordering from then and I was most pleased. I did not expect to receive my order so quickly!

With steel bases and magnets on the figures, I realized I can be as non-committal to my basing scheme as always without the hassle of scraping glue and blue-tac off my toys.

Yep. That's a metal square.
Today on my lunch break, I spent some time fiddling around with magnets and such - and while simple sheet magnets will work fine for the plastic figures, the Britains and Conte metal figures need something stronger.

I grabbed some rare earth magnets off the fridge (5mm x 1mm) and they work well enough, but they add a bit of extra height to the figures. Making a hole in a wooden base for the magnet, and then attaching the figure to the base and magnet (using blue-tac) works like a charm. Unfortunately, the wooden bases I have are too big to fit 3 figures onto a 3" square, so another order placed - this time with Litko.

And just for giggles, below is one of the Tehnolog figures I got for my son for Christmas - rather nice figures that fit well with Armies in Plastic, Deetail, etc.

This one may have just robbed a Playmobil armored truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment