Saturday, January 18, 2020

A Goodbye

Last night, I said good bye to my sweet baby girl. She had a long, and I hope she felt, happy life. I miss her terribly but I am grateful we had so many years together. I will love her always.

May she rest in peace.

Pumpkin  napping on me on Thursday.
Regular posting to resume shortly- over the years I have found this hobby a great way to buy some respite from overwhelming feelings and to give me a chance to find my center.

Ps If you’re asking yourself, “Do his knuckles say ‘nerd’?” The answer is yes. My knuckle tattoos spell out “book nerd” - i love books, reading, bookstores, libraries, and have a masters in library science, so it’s not without justification.

14 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss sir.
    Stay centred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deep condolences. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss John.
    Rest in peace Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Pumpkin. I lost my old friend just before Christmas, and it is very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am sorry for your loss as well. They bring so much joy to our lives and so much sorrow when they are gone.

      Delete
  5. Her spirit and memory will live on after the sorrow eventually, slowly, passes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy, having lost a few myself, but they linger on in our photos, fond memories, and our hearts. We are with you as you grieve and heal.

    ReplyDelete