Saturday, February 23, 2019

New Cloth, New Look

I present without fanfare, a preview of my new ground cloth:

This picture, mostly lit by daylight on an overcast day. is the closest I could get to capturing the color.

Pictures do not quite capture the richness of the color, but in-person it is exactly what I want. 

I contemplated quite a few options: fleece - plain or printed, felt - plain or painted, neoprene, painted plywood, flocked mats, etc. over multiple weeks. In the end I decided on microsuade in "celery", ordered it early in the week and it arrived Friday, several days earlier than expected. It was relatively inexpensive at under $30 usd for 3 yards, 58" wide, and is easy to clear of cat hair.  The latter was a driving factor in choosing this material. 

One can't can't get a new cloth and not setup a game, so Friday night that's what I did. Stay tuned!

Recover the Tiger Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment