Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Remagen Bridgehead

Recently I watched 1969's The Bridge at Remagen starring George Segal et al, and unable to help myself, I picked up the inexpensive print-n-play version of Remagen Bridgehead by Minden Games over on WargameVault.


Frankly, I shouldn't be allowed to shop for anything after watching a movie. The first time this was apparent was when I watched Jimi Hendrix: Live at Monterey and went and bought a Fender Strat the next day!

In any case, Remagen Bridgehead is a very simple but enjoyable solo game with frustratingly random victory conditions (although the rules author suggests if that's too much to bear, then determine them before the game begins).
I only have a b+w laser printer - so I had to make due with b+w playing pieces. All but the two status counters are easily readable.
There is a very thorough review over on BoardGameGeek which convinced me to take my chances.

2 comments:

  1. John,

    If you would send me your email address I will send you a copy of Henry Bodenstedt's Remagen game from the 1960's. It is made for 54mm figures, and has a very nice "Old School" feel--probably because it IS "Old School"!

    Best regards,

    Chris Johnson

    P.S. I love your blog--I visit it pretty much every day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,

      Thank you for the kind comment and the offer!

      I emailed you my email address.

      - John

      Delete