Tuesday, April 30, 2019

1:1 WWII Vehicles and Kit

This past weekend was the annual WWII Heritage Days celebration in Peachtree City, GA, not far from Atlanta. I've taken my son three years running - each year is better than the last. What I found most interesting this year was the increase in female participants doing historical impressions - homefront and service. I didn't take many pictures of people - I'm there for the hardware - so you'll have to take my word for it.

The event includes plenty of WWII vehicles and weapons on display (or driving/flying around as the case may be), historical impressions, ceremonies for WWII vets, seminars, reenactments, etc.  and runs over two days, plus a Friday night dance.

If you're in the area, I highly recommend checking it out - and if you have the money, you can even ride as a passenger in vintage aircraft (including, a rather out of place Vietnam-era helicopter).

More info about the event can be found here: https://wwiidays.org/

















No comments:

Post a Comment