Friday, April 19, 2019

Bonjour mes amies!*

After much waiting due to supplier back log (my order was placed in January), the store I ordered my 28mm early war French WWII force from was able to ship them out.

Here they are in their packaged glory:


This amounts to a 500 point force in Bolt Action but of course the figures are usable with other rules (and will most definitely be used with other rules).

I chose the French (and soon the Italians) as my forces for this endeavor for a few reasons:

The primary motivation was a general dread of painting another American paratrooper or a German infantry figure in yet another scale. I wanted something that I didn't already have in another scale (I am saving British 8th army and Afrika Corps. for 6mm).  The French and the Italians can fight each other as well, with the failed Italian invasion of France, without need to paint a single German.

 Another was that I assumed (and rightly from what I can gather from the pictures on the Facebook groups) that almost everyone in the local area has troops for the big four while the rest are underrepresented, if at all. I look forward to eventually fielding one of those wonderful early war French tanks or armored cars (or both!). That both the French and Italians perform pretty poorly in Bolt Action is of little concern to me.

That I don't know a ton about the French or Italian armies in WWII just means I have an excuse to expand my reading and research.

And finally, and this is a huge bonus - the figures are metal and require minimal assembly. Compare that to the plastic sprues of arms, heads, weapons, gear, etc. that have to b clipped free and then glued together. My anxiety rises just thinking about that!


* That phrase almost uses up the entirety of what I remember from my high school French classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment