Thursday, June 13, 2019

New Grid Cloth Project

Never in a million years would I think this kind of thing would be exciting, but here I am; today's mail contained a package with my new fabric:

No matter the lighting, it is a rare occasion I can accurately capture the color of my ground cloths. This was not one of them, but it's close.

This is the same style of fabric purchased previously to revamp my gaming table appearance - a celery green microsuade - but this smaller cut is earmarked for grid use (it's roughly 72" x 58"  instead of 108" x 58") . I have lamented my existing grid cloth on more than one occasion and figured it was high time to replace it.

Of course, as I have proven by using metal movement stands and magnetic sheet, I can't commit to anything, and in this case, I am referring to grid space size. I want both 6" and 4" squares, but the fabric is not the same on both sides (there's no reason I can't use both sides, but I like the microsuade side better). So, I came up with this grid pattern:

I am old enough that I find doing this sort of thing with pencil and grid paper easier than on a computer.

I mean I didn't invent it or anything, but I think a series of plus signs for the 6" corners, and dots for the four inch corners, in a similar shade of celery, will make for a functional dual-grid cloth.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your cloth in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tradgardmastare. Me too!

      Delete