Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Ranger Relief Fail

Last night I set up the table for the "Ranger Relief" scenario, the second in the "Bloody Omaha" campaign" in Heroes of Omaha and Panzer Lehr.

Unfortunately, I missed an entire section of bocage - about 12" worth - which I feel changed the outcome from a possible German victory to a draw (it would have blocked the shots which took out the German recon squad before it exited the table).

US platoon with mortar support moves up through a field. The squad at the top engages the German HMG and rifle squad diagonally opposite - all are occupying bocage and thus have LOS to each other.

 So I'll give it a go again the next time I can play - but I'll double check my setup first!

The German HMG and rifle squad take positions in the bocage, giving them protected positions from which to fire.

On the plus side, I tried some rules for scouts - since this was the first time I've had them come up - and a new rule for HMGs (it seems to me like facing should matter for HMGs and ATGs,  which  make an appearance in the next scenario).  And I found a confusing lack of explanation in my rules about whether occupying bocage uses up a movement action or not or whether it triggers opportunity fire.

Once all of that is addressed, I'll upload a new copy of the rules and update the link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment