Friday, August 21, 2020

This is Why I Prefer Published Scenarios

 Working on the scenario for the 2nd campaign game - it takes place on July 7, 1943 at Syrtsevo.

Over view of the table early in third try. Three scales of vehicles o the table. Simulationists avert your eyes!

Gratuitous close up. Grossdeutschland HQ in the woods South of the village while Stug battalion advances cautiously against Soviet AT fire.

The first attempt at  this scenario was designed for 6x6 and that was too cramped (due in part to the number of vehicles) and was a scrum that ended in a draw. The second and third attempts were on 8x6 tables. I tweaked some things and ended up hitting 15 turns with nether side losing a unit in the second game and gave up from boredom - something wasn't right. 

Third try - units fell way too quickly and it was a blood bath (another rules tweak that went too far). Tonight, I'll play for the campaign points as I think I've got the bugs worked out.

5 comments:

  1. Loving it as usual. I have to go back to school so your posts are my wargame experiences by proxy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. I played last night so I’ll have another game post soon! Good luck with school!

      Delete
    2. I’ll need it. My district is insisting we work from the building.

      Delete
  2. I am in no way bothered by the mixing of scales John, in fact I would even notice! Do you have any tanks for the Russians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do - 3 T-34/76 CTS tanks in 1/38. 1/43 and 1/50 are too rich for my blood. One makes an appearance in this scenario but not in the pictures. It’ll be in my next post!

      Delete