Monday, November 25, 2019

Vodkia Gatling and Crew

Resplendent in their glossy glory, may I present this Vodkia Gatling gun and crew, on their way to a demonstration for the Emperor and other dignitaries of the latest improvement in infantry warfare.

The two similar looking figures are my conversions.
I can now field identical forces for Firefly Church 

With two more figures (mounted though, so perhaps that counts as four) I will achieve my initial goal of this project, which was one unit of infantry, one unit of cavalry, one gun, and one "personality" figure per side. I am planning to expand it to include two more units of infantry (one per side) in the next year - I have the figures, but as always, it's about making time to paint them.

8 comments:

  1. This looks like it means business, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inch by inch, row by row. Good to see this table ready and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited to have equal forces finally - enough so that I've been contemplating bumping the next infantry units for each side up in the paint queue.

      Delete
  3. Love it! getting me inspired to finish my Malakand "patrol in trouble" forces, the 20 Pathans and 10 Limeys I've been working on.

    I often have the same thing happen - get in a groove and you bump the queue to add a bit more. I vote for the extra infantry as not only is it more realistic to have more infantry, but you will get more of the right feel for the period, anyway. "Queen of the Battlefield" and that says a lot coming from a CAV trooper! We'll see what I can do to keep up with the "Johns-y" this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As frustrated as I sometimes get with trying to clean up the figures for painting, I think the AiP figures do look the part when they're done.

      I look forward to seeing your forces on the table!

      Some of my favorite games I've played were small patrols of colonials (in number and size, 15mm in my case) vs a larger native force - especially with a mechanism for the natives to disappear into the environment and reappear where it's most inconvenient.

      Delete